Sunday 17 March 2013

Abstract Art

 There are some forms of abstract art that I never really understood. For example the one below by Josef Albers, who was born in 1888 Germany, I really don't know what to say about it. I look at it and I feel nothing. Josef did a series of these type of paintings called 'Homage to the Square'. However I am not saying that I don't appreciate the work that went into it. If you go on the link below you can watch a video about his paintings and how he did them. But there are other forms of abstract art that  I prefer.
http://www.abstract-art-framed.com/josef-albers.html

 Buy at Art.com 


Now this one I love! I love the colour of it and it looks exciting even though I don't know what IT is. It was made by Wassily Kadinsky in 1911.



Kandinsky Composition IV



So what is your opinion on abstract art? Visit the link below to look at some more abstract art!

-Aneta!




1 comment:

  1. That is the art where we need to focus on the art piece to know what they represent. I think this art made by Wassily Kadinsky doesn't contain any object it is a random collection of colors and patterns.

    ReplyDelete